When Gustave Eiffel built Paris’ most prominent monument, no one realized that it is soon going to be one so famous and will be considered as one of the world’s architectural wonders. Yes, I am talking about Eiffel Tower which witnesses around 7 million visitors footfall every year, approx. 20,000 visitors every day.
“Eiffel Tower witnesses approx 6.2 million visitors every year and the average waiting time is 2.5 to 3 hours!”
Isn’t that huge?
If you are planning a visit to Paris, you cannot miss visiting Eiffel Tower in any case or else your trip will be futile.
The trip to the City of Love is incomplete without visiting this landmark and climbing it once in your lifetime. I know this has made you excited about you visiting the tower and climbing it. It is not that easy as the huge lines and the waiting time to buy Eiffel tower tickets is some sort of a challenging task you have to clear first.
Getting tickets simply implies losing precious time from your vacation while waiting in long queues.
You might be wondering if there is a way to skip the line and get the Eiffel tower tickets without any hassle. Well, there are a few options where you can save time by not waiting in the queue and this is only possible when you get the ticket in advance.
All Possible Ways to Get Eiffel Tower Tickets
Nevertheless, I will discuss all the ways in this article through which you can get the ticket along with other details such as the Eiffel tower ticket price.
1) Book Your Eiffel Tower Tickets through Official Website
It is the official way to get the tickets to Eiffel Tower i.e. through the Eiffel tower official site.
Before buying the ticket, let me tell you that there are two type of tickets that you can buy:
- Tickets for the Second Floor
- Tickets for the Top i.e. Summit
Now, again there are two options: whether to use the lift or walk the stairs.
To know the ticket price in detail, here is an overview of the types of tickets along with their prices available at the Official website of Eiffel tower.
- Even if you decide to take stairs to save some bucks, it is only possible till the second floor as beyond that you have to go by lift with other people.
- Children under the age of 4 who have free access to the tower still need to carry the free tickets, so make sure you buy that too.
- For those who are getting tickets at discounted rates such as children or youth need to carry an ID with them as proof of their age.
Steps to book the tickets through the official website
- Go to the official website and then click on the option ‘Buy a ticket’.
- Then select the desired option out of ‘Tickets for Individual’ or Professional.
- Afterward, select the date of the visit and the level you want to see. You can choose from ‘Ticket with access to summit’ or ‘Ticket with access to 2nd floor’.
- Thereafter, you can choose out of- lifts, stairs or by stairs + lift.
- Next, you have to select your visit time. You can choose from 9:00 AM until 11:00 PM, but it depends on the available slots for your day.
- Click on ‘Confirm’ and you will be directed towards the summary page. To change something before making the payment, click on ‘Edit’ or you can click on ‘Confirm’ and proceed towards the payment.
- Enter your personal information and then proceed towards the ‘Your Tickets’ section where you have to insert the names of the person you are buying a ticket for. Also, remember that the ticket cannot be modified later.
- As the last step, enter your card details and proceed towards making the payment. After the payment is done, you will receive the tickets on the email which you have to get printed and show at the entrance gate on the selected date and time.
2) Buy Eiffel Tower Tickets Using Third Party Websites
Some of you may be unlucky in getting the tickets from the official site as they get sold quickly. No need to worry as there are third party websites that also offer tickets.
If you have got late in getting the ticket in advance, you can try looking for some trusted resellers as they always buy some tickets in advance that they put for sale on their websites. If you will choose a trusted third party, no doubt you are going to get legal tickets .
3) Book Eiffel Tower Tickets Combo Pack
Another option that is also money-efficient is buying combo plans for Eiffel tower. This way you can book multiple activities at the same time and make your trip more fun.
There are several combo offers available as follows:
- Summit tickets with guided tour + Louvre + Seine cruise– 99€
- Summit tickets + 1-hour Seine cruise (at night) – 82€
- Eiffel Tower (second floor or summit) + Seine river cruise and city bus tour – 83€ for 2nd floor and 90€ for summit
- Eiffel Tower morning tour (2nd floor or summit) + Seine river cruise – 48€ for the 2nd floor and 65€ for the summit
- Full day tour with Eiffel Tower 2nd floor or summit + Hop-On-Hop-Off Bus + Seine cruise – 87€
From the plenty of Combo offers available on Eiffel tower tickets, you can select the one that fits your itinerary.
4) Buy Paris Passes Including Tower Tickets
The next option is to buy a city pass that includes the Tickets of Eiffel tower . Some of the passes may or may not include the tickets, here are the available options:
- Paris Museum Pass – Access to the Eiffel Tower not included
- Paris tour passes – Access to the Eiffel Tower not included
- Paris Explorer Pass – It includes free access to the second floor of the Eiffel Tower but you need to pre-book your Eiffel Tower tickets date and time.
- Paris Passlib’ – It is included but you will have to pay 20€ more than the price and this will give you access to the second level of the Eiffel Tower.
These were some of the Paris passes available for tourists that you can choose from.
5) Hire a Guide to Take Care of Your Paris Trip
As a last resort, you can ever hire a guide that will take care of your entire trip to Paris. You can buy a complete Paris tour package and the guide will take you around the city. The Eiffel tower tickets will be included in the package and you will not be required to buy them separately. The guide will also cover the passages in Paris that are famous among tourists in the city.