India, the land of Himalayas and cultural diversity, has always been on the radar of tourists from all over the world. Stretching from Kashmir in the north to Kanyakumari in the south, every part of India has a different landscape and culture to present before tourists. Indian destinations always remain on the wishlist of those who haven’t been to this incredible place. Here’s a quick India tourist guide for prospective travelers that will give the best answer to the most prevalent tourists’ query “where to visit in India”.
Full of Diversity
It is true that one visit to India is not sufficient to traverse the entire country. There is no other country which truly lives up to the age-old adage ‘variety is the spice of life’. From culture to cuisine, every state in the country has something different to offer than the rest. Indian tourism is strongly backed by its Vedic heritage and cultural landmarks. A skim through India travel guide will give you an idea about what to expect while in India.
Capital City Delhi
Capital city of India is blessed with a pleasant climate for almost the entire year except in summers when the sun gets harsh. Adorned with remnants of British Empire which ruled the country for over 200 years, the city is unlike any other capital. Here you will witness a mixture of old traditional culture with a pinch of modernity.
The travel guide can never be considered complete without mentioning a few places that are a must visit and are in closer proximity to Delhi:
- Not far away from Delhi lies the majestic Taj Mahal, one of the seven wonders of the world. Taj Mahal with its brilliant white structures, has always been on the forefront of India destinations.
- The state of Himachal Pradesh, close to Delhi is another heaven in itself. From Shimla to Kinnaur, every place in Himachal attracts tourists due to their astounding mountainscape.
- Uttarakhand, the land of Gods, offers stunning Himalayan views from its every corner. Being home to many holy places for Hindus, this state attracts lots of spiritual seekers.
Mumbai, the commercial capital of India may not be among the quintessential tourist attractions of India. But the vibrancy and warmth of people of Mumbai has made it one among the places to visit in India and an important mention in this guide.
- Elephanta caves, located on an island off Mumbai harbour is famed for its sculpted caves depicting Hindu mythology. The cave is of such ancient origin that the identity of its sculptors is still unknown.
- Marine Drive, the 3 km long boulevard along the coast is amongst major attractions of India. This semi-circular construction when lighted in the night, is such a spectacular sight that it got the name, Queen’s necklace.
- Secularism is at its best in Mumbai. Worship places of all religions, be it the Haji Ali for Muslims, Siddhivinayak temple for Hindus or Mount Mary church for Christians, all are equally revered by masses.
The word Rajasthan is enough to let you imagine a myriad of colors, such is the magnificence of the state. Prominent among India destinations, this state portrays a different picture of India.
- The Pink city of Jaipur got its name from saffron and pink colored buildings. Hawa Mahal, with its 953 small windows, leaves tourists speechless.
- Jodhpur, the golden city, lies in the heart of Thar Desert. With magnificent architecture and unique crafts, it makes tourists go gaga over the culture of indian states.
- Want to watch a camel fair? In Pushkar of Rajasthan, the annual camel fair of the region attracts flocks of locals and tourists. Get a glimpse of the culture of India in this holy city.
A list of India destinations is incomplete without Himalayas in it. Snow peaked mountains and serene valleys are feasts for eyes.
- The states of Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal and Uttarakhand are situated on the feet of the mighty mountains. All of these northern states are flag bearers of India tourism.
- The pristine beauty of Leh and Ladakh, lying ahead of Kashmir valley makes it a dream destination for all wanderlust.
- Kanchenjunga, the highest mountain peak in India, lies on the Indo- Nepal border. Standing tall amidst shorter counterparts, this peak deserves a mention among the attractions of India.
Moving on to the southern part, there are destinations like Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu, all of which are as inviting as the northern states, though in a different way. Being close to sea, this region experiences a tropical climate.
- Kanyakumari, the southern tip of India is also a known pilgrimage place. The amazing aspect of this place is that you get to watch amazing sunsets and sunrises at the same place. Isn’t that two for the price of one?
- Every India travel guide will have a mention of Coorg in Karnataka as the coffee capital of India. The pleasant climate and stunning greenery attracts visitors throughout the year.
- Kerala, famed as God’s own country, is one of the best places to see in India. Backwaters of Kerala are a unique experience, especially staying in one of the local houseboats. Known for its delicacies, Kerala is a boon for tourists who want to relish new tastes while in India. Kochi, the commercial capital of Kerala is a mixture of traditional and modern lifestyles.
Now, you know what India has for you in its womb, you must make yourself familiar with some other aspects of India, have a look:
High on Connectivity
As India ranks high as a major tourist destination, it is well connected to the rest of the world. It would not be an overstatement to say that you can reach India from any part of the world, except a few odd countries. Even inside the country, connectivity is pretty good. Air travel has progressed a lot in the last decade making all the Indian destinations easily accessible. To add to it is the rail transport connecting even the remotest areas. Road transport is also well developed and efficient.
Stay at Ease
Accommodation need not pose a threat to tourists while in India. Those who are comfortable with swanky resorts have variety to choose from. Even if you are a bit stringent with pockets, no worries. In Himalayan regions of Leh and Ladakh, camping options also are available in plenty. What can be the better way to be with nature? In short, tourists are spoilt for choice when it comes to staying options. A little research can fetch good bargains.
Pack Sweet Memories
India, the dream country, welcomes travelers with warm hearts and bright smiles. With its diverse climatic and weather conditions, you cannot decide the Best time to Visit India as every season has something great to offer.There is no reason to think twice before packing your bags to India. Travel to your content and leave with sweet memories of the trip. Make sure to apply for an Indian Tourist Visa before your start packing for the country.