Visa on arrival is basically a type of visa that you can get from the airport after doing the paperwork in your own countries. So, ditch the long queues and get the visa directly after landing into India. You get a license to travel to India. So, get to know the thin line between visa on arrival and other visas by understanding the requirements as well as the other related aspects.
Countries whose citizens are eligible for TVOA:
Australia, Brazil, New Zealand, Niue Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Russia, Samoa, Singapore, Cambodia, Cook Islands, Djibouti, Fiji, Finland, Germany, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Luxembourg, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Myanmar, Nauru, , Solomon Islands, Thailand, Tonga, Tuvalu, UAE, Ukraine, USA, Vanuatu, and Vietnam.
India Airports Offering VOA Facility:
Eligibility for the Indian visa-on-arrival
- The person coming to India for a casual visit, recreational activities, sightseeing, short-term medical treatment, and a business visit can apply the Indian TVOA
- The applicant must not have an occupation or residence in India.
- The person must be able to assure the financial standing such as money for a return ticket, stay and leisure.
- The passport must be valid for the six months
- The diplomatic or official passport holders are not eligible.
- The person currently living in any eligible country but has Pakistani origin or Pakistani passport can apply for a regular visa to India instead of visa on arrival.
The validity of Indian visa-on-arrival:
The validity of Indian TVOA:
The Tourist visa-on-arrival facility will be valid for a different duration for different countries. The immigration officer has the authority to grant a single entry up to 30 days. Furthermore, this visa can neither be extended nor converted to another visa type.
Re-Visit using TVOA:
Tourist Visa-On-Arrival granted for multiple entries in a calendar year to a foreign person, but there must be a gap of at least two months between the visits.
Fee for Tourist Visa-On-Arrival is around US $60/- per traveler including children.
In order to get the Tourist visa on arrival, you need to fill a simple Visa form application on arrival. Especially if you are a citizen of countries namely Finland, Japan, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Singapore, Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines, Laos, Indonesia or Myanmar. The application form will be provided by the officer appointed by the authority.
Required Documents for Tourist Visa on Arrival
- Valid passport with a minimum of 6 months and along with two blank pages.
- Two Passport size photographs
- Copy of Passport
- Return ticket
Document required while applying online for Tourist Visa on Arrival
- The scanned first page of the passport
- PDF Format is a must
- Size at least 10 kb and a maximum of 300 kb
The photo would be required with few specifications which are given below:
- Format – JPEG
- Size – Minimum 10 kb and Maximum 1 MB
- The Width and Height of the photo must be equal and clearly visible
Additional Tips for a Tourist visa on Arrival
- For Tourist visa on arrival visitors should apply for an Indian visa at least 4 days before that day of arrival.
- The photographs of the applicant must be clearly visible along with the white background including details like name, date of birth, nationality, etc.
- The TVOA is valid for 30 days from the date of arrival in India.
- Tourist Visa on Arrival once issued can’t be edited or modified. It is non-extendable, non-convertible
- The application can be checked online by clicking on the visa status.
So, if you are looking forward to getting TVOA, this is the right time. Get it in with minimal efforts and at low costs.